Monday 14 January 2013

Through The 4th Floor Door-Valentines Day

I am pleased with myself. (wink wink)
Decorating 
THE 4TH FLOOR DOOR
and keeping up with it.
Commitment I tell ya........I Love it!!

I became serious with decorating 
THE 4TH FLOOR DOOR
beginning with Halloween



I did decorate for Thanksgiving but for the life of me I just can't find a picture of it???

But I did capture Christmas




And I welcomed the
NEW YEAR



The preparation for Valentines Day was an everyday task in January.
 Namely crocheting and rolling.


Isn't this checkered ribbon cute?  I found a bundle of it at the thrift store for just $1.00





I made eight of these crocheted hearts.  No, No, No.........let's see one side of the heart pillow then the other side.  Okay okay 8 + 8 = 16 crocheted hearts to make the 8 pillows.




And then the 8 crocheted heart pillows connected the checkered ribbon to make the Valentines garland that draped over
THE 4TH FLOOR DOOR


Decorative sticks in red and white.




Added texture that flanked
THE 4TH FLOOR DOOR





Garland, Decorative Sticks, Round wreath, Heart wreath.



HAPPY VALENTINES DAY IN A MONTH FOLKS..........YEP WE ARE READY.


Hugs,
Kay

Our 4th Floor Door Valentines was featured at


Gonna Link This With:

Photobucket
One More Time Events



Pink Hippo Party
{Primp}



Life on Lakeshore Drive

12 comments:

  1. Such cute Valentine stuff!!! Love all your holiday door decor. Thanks for linking up at my party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nita. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I love you linky party.

      Delete
  2. Hi Kay,
    Oh how I love your 4th floor door! You have made it such a welcome sight. The little hearts are so sweet and I love red & whit checks. I got a roll of it for $3 and thought that was good. You really scored with your $1 find. Starting Feb. 1st I will be doing "Showing a little love posts" They will be posted daily thru the 14th. Each day I will hi-lite a couple of Valentine posts. I will share this and let you know when. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup. Happy to be a new follower!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jann. I enjoyed your blog. Spent a night reading it. Yes that red and white checkered ribbon was a huge bundle and the rest of it I plan to use for other projects. You just can't have enough supplies of ribbon and I snatch them up when I come across them at while thrifting because they are so cheap (in price). I can't wait to see all the hi-lites as there are so many creative bloggers out there.

      Delete
  3. Forgot to mentionn that I love your rolled wreath in your header.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jann..........that was my first rolled project I ever made and it took me forever. Now I can whip up rolled roses and rolled flowers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your header is so elegant. Love the continued theme with the door decorating. the heart garland is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You put my poor undecorated door to shame! Kudos for keeping up with the seasons. I've still got an undecorated pine wreath from Christmas hanging on my back deck rail. Hanging my head in shame here. You inspire me to go do something with it.

    Love the crocheted hearts and ribbon! It all loois so "lovely" and inviting! Thanks for linking up to my party!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living in military quarters can be so dreary. Gotta add the touches here and there to make it feel cozy and comfy. I am so happy that I am inspiring you and I love love love your linky party.

      Delete
  7. Hi, I am featuring you on my 'Showing a Little Love' challenge post today.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kay, your door looks great. I bet all the neighbors look forward to seeing what you'll come up with next! Found you from Jann Olson's party. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kay, your holiday doors are great. What fun for all your neighbors to have this special holiday touch each season.

    ReplyDelete