Thursday 7 February 2013

70 Loads of Laundry Created Angel Wings

What a title huh?
Well I really did do 70 loads of laundry to get this project done.
Each time a load was washed and dried this lovely Tiffany & Co bag filled up with used dryer sheets.


I saved the sheets because I just knew I could do something with them.

It took quite some time to take 70 dryer sheets and cut em in half.
And then trim the edges and sew and gather one side.  I needed 140 of these gathered dryer sheets in all.


Once I got the dryer sheets ready I moved on to my favorite craft of them all - making rolled flowers out of fleece with a pearl hot glued in the center.

And I made lots of them.




And now on to the pattern.
I used two poster boards.
To cut an angel wing.
And then one by one I glued the gathered dryer sheets to the wings.

WHOOPS!!
Almost forgot the rolled roses.



Once all the material is prepared gluing onto the wings was quick.











My my my
I just love how my Angel Wings turned out.


Linking 
70 Loads of Laundry Created Angel Wings
With

MONDAY
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple
Clever Chicks Blog Hop @ The Chicken Chick
Mod Mix Monday @ Mod Vintage Life
I Should Be Mopping The Floor
Share It One More Time @ One More Time
Make It Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House 

TUESDAY
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Take A Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick Of Time
Pretty Things Link Party @ Twelve O Eight





WEDNESDAY
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Wow Me Wednesday @ Gingersnap Crafts
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday @ Primp Junktion
Creative Spark @ Clean and Scentsible
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond

THURSDAY
Time Travel Thursday @ The Brambleberry Cottage
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have a Daily Cup Of Mrs. Olson
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours
Inspiration Gallery @ Craftberry Bush
Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond The Picket Fence 
FRIDAY
Be Inspired Friday @ Common Ground
Show & Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
My Repurposed Life 
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest 
SATURDAY
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Serenity Saturday @ Serenity You 
Spotlight Saturday @ Classy Clutter


SUNDAY
Sunday Show Off Party @ Twigg Studios

A Bouquet of Talent @ Life on Lakeshore Drive





70 Loads of Laundry Created Angel Wings was featured at

div align="center"> Life on Lakeshore Drive Ivy and Elephants

19 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for leaving me such a sweet note on my quilt ladder. Its a pleasure meeting you. I love your angle wings, what a creative idea! and a fun project. I am now your newest follower. I look forward to visitng you again.
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth. Thank you for your comment and follow...........I am hoping that there is a quilt fair at our next duty station (Alaska) because I do want to own some hand made quilts.
      Hugs, Kay

      Delete
  2. How lovely! Soo thriftily created!

    Q: Did you see that a few of your images don't show?

    Blessings,
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelley.........Thank you so much for your comment and letting me know that some of my images don't show. I am fixing that now.
      Hugs, Kay

      Delete
  3. All I can say is fabulous and I want one!!!lol Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Your title caught my eye and what a surprise:) Pinned and new follow. follow me too at http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/02/be-fearless-arianna-huffington.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. what a gorgeous project.. and I am sure it smelled really good too!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  6. At 2 loads of wash a day, I've got a lot of days wash to make this baby! Gorgeous and bet it smells beautiful!
    Hello from your newest follower,
    ~Pendra
    pendrasplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. My. Word. Dryer sheets? Seriously?? I am blown away! And those fleece flower are gorgeous. Awesome! Hope you are going to link up tomorrow evening ;)

    Have a lovely day!

    {{hugs}}
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute angel wings! Thank you for the idea and have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm impressed!! What a project -- maybe I could accumulate the dryer sheets; but beyond that, it would be way out of my league. You are amazing. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Nice! So Creative! Thank you for linking up and sharing at One More Time

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! Who would ever know that they were dryer sheets. I love the roses too! One of my favorite looks. I remember years ago when I was a young mother of 5 I saved all of the lint from the dryer to stuff something I made for Christmas. It worked, but I had to save dryer lint for a long time. Don't worry about quite that thrifty anymore. lol! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo pretty, and thrifty too! Thank you so much for sharing at Pretty Things this week :)

    xo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love love your angel wings and I will keep watching here. Thank you for the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I love it!! I want it!!! Just beautiful!!
    Blessings,
    Vesna - HOME CHIC CLUB
    http://vesna-kreativnostidrugesitnice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you so much for sharing them at A Bouquet of Talent! I will be featuring them later tonight at Pick of the Bunch! You did a fabulous job. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazingly beautiful! Who knew something so heavenly could come from laundry lol Love it!

    ReplyDelete